Great Beginner Homemade Pizza Recipe :
1 Cup of Warm Water (Between 110 and 115 Degree F)
1 Packed of Active Dry Yeast or 2 and 1/2 teaspoons
3-4 Cups of Flour
1-2 t of Salt
1 t of Honey
1. Mix the warm water, honey and the yeast together well and let that sit until it gets all nice and bubbly. Add a splash of olive oil or other oil if you’d like.
2. Take a large bowl and add 2 cups of flour and the salt. Stir in the warm water and mix and mix and mix. As the mixture begins to make love to itself keep adding flour until your water/flour turns in to somewhat of a dough creature. This dough creature will eventually want to stop being beaten with a spoon and come out.
3. Sprinkle some flour on to an open space that you can cook on and add the dough creature. Mix him around and knead adding flour as you go until the dough creature begins to form into a ball.
4. At this point wash your hands and get off all of the dough creature crap. Continue kneading and keep on doing so, adding more flour, until the dough becomes smooth and does not stick to your hands.
5. Let the dough rest in a bowl that is covered with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let sit until it rises 2 to 3 times the size.
6. Boom, pizza dough.
Note: The warm water needs to be around 110-115 Degrees to active the yeast otherwise the dough will not rise. Thing is most people don’t have thermometers or a way to gauge the temperature so I always use the body temperature method. If the water feels a little warm when you touch it it is probably around the right temperature since body temp is around 98.5 anything warm to your touch should be okay. Thermometer is the best method but i’ve used this a million times and have had great dough.