Recipe: Pepperoni Pizza
16-20 pepperoni slices
1½ cups refined flour + for dusting
1 tablespoon oil + for greasing
20 grams fresh yeast
A pinch castor sugar
Salt to taste
Pizza sauce for spreading
Grated mozzarellacheese as required
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a baking tray with some oil.
2. Take yeast in a bowl. Add castor sugar and some warm water, mix and set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
3. Take flour in another bowl. Add activated yeast and mix well. Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough.
4. Add salt and oil, transfer the dough on a worktop and knead well. Transfer the dough into the same bowl, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
5. Dust a worktop with some flour, transfer the dough and knead well. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls.
6. Dust a worktop with some flour, place each ball and roll out to make a thin disc. Place them onto the greased tray, cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
7. Spread pizza sauce over the discs, sprinkle some salt, top with cheese and pepperoni slices. Sprinkle some more salt on top.
8. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
9. Serve hot.