Recipe: Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
Food blogger Tarika Singh is up with a special recipe of one of the most craved pizzas, that is, Pepperoni Pizza which is healthy, extremely delicious and can be made at home, right from the scratch. We bet, you would not want to go to any pizza restaurant after you taste this delectable homemade pepperoni pizza.
pizza dough (For recipe
12×12 inch piece of parchment paper
300 grams tomato pureed
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
1/2 tbsp. dried oregano (1 tbsp. if using fresh oregano)
3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
75 grams mozzarella (coarsely grated)
12-14 slices of pepperoni
To make tomato sauce:
– In a bowl, add the tomato puree, salt to taste, a dash of chilli flakes and oregano and the garlic cloves and stir well.
– Bring the above ingredients to a simmer over medium-high heat and then leave to simmer on low heat until it thickens & reduces by about half.
To make pizza:
– Roll the pizza dough into a 12 inch pizza base.
– After rolling, stretch the dough on your working space to fit a 12×12 inch piece of parchment paper.
– Slather on the tomato sauce over the pizza base and spread it out.
– Sprinkle a generous quantity of mozzarella over the sauce and top it up with pepperoni.
– Put the pizza into the oven and bake it at 250 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
– Remove the pizza out of the oven when it browns slightly and turns crisp, slice it up and its ready to be served.