Homemade Pizza Recipe:
Homemade Pizza with a crispy bottomed crust made with homemade dough and tomato sauce. A great baking method for getting best results with your home oven.
Makes 2-3 pizza
3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour or bread flour
10 g fresh yeast (or 1 tsp active dry yeast)
3/4 to 1 cup (180 to 240ml) warm water
1 tsp (5g) sugar
1 tsp (5g) salt
2 tbsp (28ml) olive oil
Homemade tomato sauce
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
4 oz (120g) Napoli Salami, sliced
Fresh basil leaves
olive oil to brush the crust
1. Stir yeast with sugar until it liquefies. Dissolve in about ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water. In a large bowl mix flour with salt. Add dissolved yeast, oil and up to ¾ cup warm water. Mix everything together then knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
2. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least 2 hours at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
3. Onto a floured surface turns the dough, knead for few seconds and divide into 3 pieces. Form into balls. Dust a large plate with flour, place the balls, cover and let rest for another 30 minutes. To use the next day, rub the dough balls lightly with olive oil, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500F (260C) placing a pizza stone or a baking sheet inside.
5. Dust the pizza peel or your working surface with cornmeal.
6. Take one dough ball and using your hands shape into a circle of about 10 inches (26cm). Leave a little more thickness on the edges.
7. Add homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, and your favorite ingredients for topping, this time I used Napoli salami, black olives, and basil leaves. Make sure you don’t overload your pizza.
8. Slide onto the hot pizza stone or preheated back of a tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
9. Remove and decorate with fresh basil if desired. Slice and serve while still hot!