Green Split Pea & Spinach Pizza :
– 1/2 cup IMBO Split Peas
– 4 cups baby spinach
– 1/2 tsp chia seeds
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1 cup oat flour
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp dried basil
– 3/4 tsp garlic powder
– 3/4 tsp salt
– Mozzarella cheese
– Beetroot slices
– Baby tomatoes
– Fresh herbs
– Olive oil
– Salt & pepper
1. Rinse split peas under water until water runs clear. Place the split peas in a saucepan with1 cup water. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft.
2. In a separate pan cook baby spinach with a splash of water until wilted.
Once wilted allow to cool and squeeze to release the excess water.
3. In a small bowl mix chia seeds with 1 1/2 tbsp water, put aside to set.
4. Blend the cooked and drained split peas together with the spinach until
5. In a mixing bowl, add the chia seeds, almond flour, oat flour, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, oregeno, basil and garlic powder to the blended mixture. Mix until smooth.
6. Spread the mixture out onto a sheet of baking paper and bake at 200°C for
20 minutes. Add mozzarella pieces and bake for a further 10 minutes.
7. Top with beetroot slices, baby tomatoes, fresh herbs and olive oil before serving and ENJOY!